Square Enix has announced Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden, the third game in the Voice of Cards series, launching in just a couple of weeks.
Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden is the third entry in the fledgling Voice of Cards series - its first entry, The Isle Dragon Roars, only launched last October - and continues the series' trait of storytelling through the medium of cards. It launches on 13 September for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam.
This time, players will be able to use cards to trap defeated monsters, allowing them to use their skills in battle themselves.
Yoko Taro returns as creative director with Keiichi Okabe as music director, both of whom have worked on the NieR series in the past - and fans of the mobile title NieR Re[in]carnation will be able to pick up some themed DLC, which will be available separately or as part of a Digital Deluxe Edition set. This includes:
- Decoration of Those in the Cage - new costumes for the game's heroine and her companions
- Handbook Pattern - card reverse patterned after an expert handbook
- Mama Avatar - avatar designed patterned after Mama
- Story Collectors' Dice - dice patterned after Mother and Carrier
- The Cage Board - board and accessories patterned after the Cage
- Aid Table - table patterned after the random draw screen
- Melody of Reincarnation - a soundtrack that brings to mind a certain tale of the girl and the monster
- Pixel Art Set - replaces all character and enemy illustrations with pixel art
Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden launches on 13 September.